Although he needs no introduction, Ashwani Gujral likes to describes himself as a self-driven, adaptable and analytical operations professional with over 20 years of cross-functional experience including organisation process management and its improvement. He is also a hugely successful trader, day trades obscene quantities on Bank Nifty Futures. He has authored two books on Technical Analysis: “How to make money trading with derivatives” and “How to make money trading with charts”, which have collectively sold over 70,000 copies till date. He currently serves as Director & Principal Officer of Ashwani Gujral Investment & Portfolio Management Pvt Ltd.
Personal profile: A self-driven, adaptable and analytical operation’s professional with over 20 years of cross-functional experience including organisation process management and its improvement. I am an effective communicator, quick-learner and passionate about constantly augmenting my competence in business process development to proficiently deliver results.
1997-Till Date Director & Principal Officer – Ashwani Gujral Investment & Portfolio Management Pvt. Ltd.
Ashwani Gujral Investment & Portfolio Management Pvt. Ltd. is involved in Technical Research and Trading advisory services – both in Equities and Derivatives and provides advisory services to large no. of Retail as well as Institutional Investors and Traders.
- 6 Years of Portfolio Management Experience as a Principal Officer.
- Successfully mentored and led a cross-cultural team of 7 executives handling over 400 customers,
- More than 18 Years of experience of providing stock market technical research and recommendations to more than 2000 registered subscribers.
- Developed the client-organisation communication strategy by understanding the requirements of the cross-functional teams, thus establishing a customer service department responsible for managing efficient communication processes.
- Managed the client requirements by co-ordinating with the customer service department and aligning relevant strategic business units, thereby increasing productivity and the overall process, delivering on the objectives outlined,
- Anticipated, planned, implemented and monitored the crisis management project process during economic downturn from an early stage, to ensure customer confidence is maintained.
- Expertise and experience in delivering the different financial products to a wide range of clients located across the globe.
- Liaised with senior management of finance, sales and legal departments on project plan to brief customers on company’s developments and understand and provide relevant customer required information.
- Author of a stock market technical analysis book “How to make money trading with derivatives”. More than 40,000 copies have been sold till the year 2017. It has also been named as the ‘Best seller book on Futures trading’.
- Published another book on stock market technical charts “How to make money trading with charts”. More than 30,000 copies have been sold till the year 2017.
- Articles Published on “Mint Newspaper” – Mint is a business newspaper from HT Media Ltd, launched in collaboration with The Wall Street Journal on 1 February 2007. It is a premium business news publication aimed at decision makers and policy makers of the country and it is the first newspaper in India to be published in the Berliner format.
- Seeking ways of ‘making money without tension’
- Highest NAV guaranteed, but not the best returns
- Articles Published on “The Financial Express – A complete Up-to-date source for business news, finance news, stock market news, economy news and business news india online.”
- Treat the market as a lady and you will be happy
- There are no get rich quick people in the market
- Index Options have much better liquidity than individual options
- Selling of options is a game for smart investors
- Articles Published on “Forbes.com – Online source for the latest business and financial news and analysis.”
- Tata Consultancy Profit Rises 37%
- Uncertainty over sale of stake in Indian Development Finance Arm
- India’s Rolta looks west for Acquisitions
- Articles Published on “Stocks & Commodities – Technical Analysis of STOCKS & COMMODITIES is the magazine for traders — and traders-to-be — who want to play the markets with a concrete game plan.”
- Trading Divergences with Ashwani Gujral
- Candlestick Filtering
- Candlesticks And Trend lines
- Combining Candlesticks And Trend lines
- The Shark Attack Strategy And Fibonacci Levels
- Articles Published on “SFO Magazine – Stocks Futures and options Magazine”
- A Beginners look at Technical Analysis
- ADX: The Measure to trend Strength
- Articles Published on “Futures Magazine – Futures magazine is the oldest and largest circulation publication serving the derivatives industry.”
- ADX: The Key to market trends
- Using the ADX to set up straddle trades
- Remained in the exclusive panel of CNBC TV18 Group and appeared and given well researched technical advice on regular basis on CNBC TV18, CNBC Aawaz, CNN IBN from 2006 to 2010.
- Regularly advised technical calls daily to Power your trade (www.poweryourtrade.com) and remained the most successful technical analyst in their website from the period 2006 to 2010.
- Remained in the exclusive panel of Times Group and regularly advising technical research on ETNOW and Economic Times Newspaper (Biggest Business Newspaper of India) From Dec 2010 to Oct 2015.
- Joined CNBC TV18 Group in Nov 2015 on the exclusive panel of CNBC TV18 and advising technical research during primetimes of Indian Stock Market hours on CNBC TV18 .
Workshops & Seminars:
- Remained in the exclusive speaker’s panel in more than 40 Investor camps presented by CNBC TV18 Group in all over India.
- Hosted and addressed a workshop on “Technical Analysis and Trading” to more than 100 participants.
- Remained an exclusive speaker on “Technical Analysis” Seminar held at IIT Kharagpur (one of the top most Engg. Institute of India).